Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SVN Administration

Subversion (aka SVN) is a nice and robust source code control software. Only drawback it has that it does not boasts a GUI to do the administration. Until recently, like others, I was also doing subversion administration using simple text editor like notepad. Then I found a nice little project developed by Mr. M. Verkerk called SVNManager. This little web application developed in PHP provides all the necessary administration options, right from repository creation to repository ACL maintenance.

The user interface of this application though is very unattractive. So I decided to revamp the user interface of this little application. To my surprise changing it did not took much efforts, even though I never programmed in PHP before, thanks to the way author has written it and the underlying framework (PRADO). Here are few Screens of the modified application. Have a look and post your comments. I will try to post the modified code in a few weeks.

Login Welcome
RepoAdmin EditRepository
AddUser ImportUsers

6 comments:

Alex said...

Hi!

I'm a student from austria and came across your blog searching for an svn adminitration tool!
Your modded version of SVN Manager really looks great!
It would be really cool if you could post the source to your work??
(want to use it on my private linux box ;) )

Greetings from Austria ;)
Alex
neoz2000[AT]gmx.net

Alex said...

Hi!

I'm a student from austria and came across your blog searching for an svn adminitration tool!
Your modded version of SVN Manager really looks great!
It would be really cool if you could post the source to your work??
(want to use it on my private linux box ;) )

Greetings from Austria ;)
Alex
neoz2000[AT]gmx.net

Unknown said...

I would love to see your modified code and a copy of your template used. It looks great.

Alex said...

Hi again!

I have written a comment some weeks ago but it disappeared!

I'm student from austria and found your blog by searching for an SVN admin GUI.
I came across severall approaches but they were in alpha stage or just not usefull!
I really like your "redesign" of the SVN Administrator, it's clean structured and simple!
Is it possible that i get your new version of SVNAdmin with that cool layout?
would be great to use it on my server!!! :)

keep up the good work!

regards alex

Julien said...

Hello,

Do you think that this application can work with an Active directory authentification ?
My goal is to provide this service using existing users log/password .

Best regards,

Julien said...

Hello,

Thanks for this presentation.
Do you think that this web interface can use the LDAP Active directory authentification ?
My goal is to provide this service for users with existing login and password.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of any former, current or future employers or employees of mine